QTAX collect, hold, use and disclose personal information to carry out functions or activities performed by QTAX. These functions and activities include:
- Preparing Tax Returns and Lodgements
- - Providing Advice on Taxation, Superannuation and other Compliance Issues
- - Consulting with the Australia Taxation Office (ATO), for Taxation and Administration Guidance
- - Responding to Auditing and Objection Requests from the ATO.
Collection Of Your Personal Information
QTAX collect information about you from others such as the ATO, the Office of State Revenue (OSR) or the Australian Securities and Investments Commission (ASIC). We also collect personal information from publicly available sources, for example form public registers, or made available by third parties.
Collecting Through Our Websites
QTAX has its own website – www.q-tax.com.au. Where our website allows you to make comments or enquiries we collect your email address and sometimes other contact details. We may use your email address to respond to your enquiries or comments.
We store this personal information on servers located in Australia.
Social Networking Services
The QTAX website may host other social media applications such as Twitter, Facebook, Google+, Linkedin, Pinterest, YouTube, blogs, forums, wikis, and or services that allow you to share content with other users. Any personal information or other information that you contribute to any Social Media Application can be read, collected, and used by other users of that Social Media Application over whom we have little or no control.
QTAX collect your email and, if you provide it, other contact details when you subscribe to our email lists. We only use this information for the purpose of sending you regular updates on the activities of QTAX, and to administer the lists.
QTAX may exchange your personal information with third parties where permitted by law so that we can perform the particular function or activity we are carrying out, including government and law enforcement agencies or regulators, and entities established to help identify illegal activities and prevent fraud.
We may also collect, use and exchange your information in other ways where permitted by law.
Common situations in which we disclose information are detailed below:
- - Disclosure To Service Providers - QTAX use a number of service providers to whom we disclose personal information. These include providers that host our website servers, manage our Information Technology and manage our human resources information.
- - Disclosure Of Sensitive Information - We only disclose your sensitive information for the purposes for which you gave it to us or for directly related purposes you would reasonably expect or if you agree.
- - Disclosure of personal information - QTAX use Australian hosting service providers to whom we transfer all data (including all personal information) to our hosting service provider. You hereby consent this transfer.
- - Quality Of Personal Information - To ensure that the personal information we collect is accurate, up-to-date and complete QTAX –
- - Record information in a consistent format
- - Promptly add updated or new personal information to existing records.
- - We also review the quality of personal information before we use or disclose it.
Accessing and Correcting your Personal Information
Collecting Sensitive Information
QTAX do not usually seek sensitive information. This might include information about your health, racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, association memberships, religious beliefs, sexual orientation, criminal history, genetic or biometric information. QTAX will, when necessary, obtain your explicit consent to collect and use such information.
Where possible, we will allow you to interact with us anonymously or using a pseudonym. For example, if you contact our enquiries line with a general question we will not ask for your name unless we need it to adequately handle your question.
However, for most of our functions and activities we usually need your name and contact information and enough information about a particular matter to enable us to fairly and efficiently handle your inquiry, request, or to provide a service to you.
Analytic, Session And Cookie Tools
QTAX use an electronic forms service to enable you to lodge enquiry online. When you submit one of these forms it is sent to an email account managed by QTAX where it is encrypted and stored in a secure environment.
Use Of Your Personal Information
QTAX collect, use and exchange your information so that we can perform the particular function or activity we are carrying out. They include:
- - Establishing your identity
- - Pricing and designing our products and services
- - Administering our products and services
- - Managing our relationship with you
- - Managing our risks and help identifying and investigate illegal activity
- - Conducting and improving our businesses
- - Improving the customer experience
- - Complying with our legal obligations and assisting government and law enforcement agencies
- - Identifying and telling you about other products or services that we think may be of interest to you.
If you do not want to receive direct marketing, you can tell us by contact us using the method referred to the “Find An Office” section of this page.
Storage And Security Of Personal Information
QTAX take steps to protect the security of the personal information, QTAX hold from both internal and external threats by:
- - Staff education
- - Technology and system security
- - Premises security
- - Conducting regular internal audits to assess whether we have adequately complied with or implemented these measures
- - Regularly assessing the risk of misuse, interference, loss, and unauthorised access, modification or disclosure that information
- - Taking measures to address those risks
- - Destroying personal information in a secure manner when we no longer need it
How To Make A Complaint
If you wish to complain to us about how we have handled your personal information you should complain in writing.
We will tell you promptly that we have received your complaint and then respond to the complaint within 30 days. If you are not satisfied with our response you may ask for a review by a more senior officer of QTAX.